Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Potato Bottom Quiche

So I did something by accident tonight....sorta

I have been rummaging through the interwebs trying to find inventive ways to use up my gazillion summer squash my garden is producing this year. So quiche has been on my to do list for awhile to get the job done. I found this awesome looking recipe for a crust less quiche here and as I was slicing and dicing my veggies up I said to the bag of lonely red potatoes that was staring sadly up at me

"Why not you little adorable red taters"

So I threw one of those babies through the slicer fitting on my food processor and I lined the bottom of my rectangular baking dish with them. I was thinking to myself "You're brilliant! This is going to be great!?!?!

You'll wanna the slices to be pretty thin, I did two clicks on my food processor tool.

I used Sally's recipe as a loose base and it really did turn out great :) Husband gave two thumbs and a pinky up :)

So my alterations...

I used a whole medium summer squash, a medium bell pepper (both from my garden) half an onion and about a cup of portabella mushrooms.
I lined the bottom with 1 medium red potato, sliced
I used 3/4 reduced fat pepper jack cheese.
I used 4 large eggs and 4 egg whites.
I used 1 cup of unsweetened almond milk
*I added extra of each to make sure that the potatoes had enough liquid to soften them

I used a 13x9 baking dish

and I used basil instead of thyme...cause I love basil :)

Baking time and everything else was the same as Sally's recipe. Thank you Sally's Baking Addiction :)

Serves 8
Calories (according to what i punched into myfitnesspal.com) 124 Carbs 8g Fat 7g Protein 9g Fiber 1g Sodium 244g *I will try to provide the stats for all my recipes as I have to plug them into myfitnesspal.com anyway*

Here's how mine turned out.



Props to the photographer, My husband Tom!

Let me know how yours turns out!

Love,
Teresa













**disclaimer** I am not saying I created this, I'm sure some grandma somewhere used to do this allllll the time for someone somewhere. I'm just saying I never thought of it, and I came up with it on my own with no suggestion via the interwebs. Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment